Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Progress

I have made some progress on the stitching front.  Not enough.  Is it ever enough?

I thought I better set aside my Christmas SAL to finish my Thanksgiving turkey.  Didn't take long to finish that up.  Here's a picture.

And then I went back to work on the SAL.  I have to say I love this piece.  I loved the cute snowman and bird in the first section.  And I love the warm looking fireplace with the stockings in the second section.  But I have to say, I had to frog and frog and frog again in that second part.  That's why I didn't make more progress.  Gaynor, don't look to close because it's still not exactly right!  I just refused to frog any more.  I don't know what was up with me.  I just couldn't count.  Still so far behind! And I'm not done with this section either.  Still a little more to do. Part 4 came out Sunday.  Oh well, maybe during the Thanksgiving holidays I can catch up.  I have several days off work then. Thank you so much, Gaynor, for making this available to us free of charge.  I'm having so much fun with this (except for the frogs)!

Sorry for the wrinkles and the quality of the pictures. 

4 comments:

  1. Black is a bugger to stitch with..and they arent mistakes,they are creative insights. You are making it your own and I am thrilled. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is *never* enough, but remember -- you are STRESS FREE stitching :)

    Congrats on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute finish and love the colors in the SAL piece.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching. I have printed out the parts for Gaynor's SAL but haven't started it yet!

    ReplyDelete